Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How to stop the Flooding in 3 Seconds.

It has been almost a year since the Timberline and Doney Park areas were filled with water from the Monsoon rains after the Shultz Fire. I pray that all of the efforts made so far in that area will prevent any uncontrolled flooding this season.
Although I do not have a solution for solving the flooding of East Flagstaff’s low lying areas I do know how a surprise plumbing leak (that can become a flood) can be stopped in its tracks in less than 3 seconds.
Ask yourself these questions about your own home.
1.       Do I know where you Main Water shut-off is?
2.       When was the last time I used it?
3.       Is it easy to turn?
4.       Will it shut off 100% of the water in my home.
5.       If there is a winter storm with several feet of snow and ice outside will I be able to turn the water off in 3 seconds or less?

I hope that every home in Flagstaff has a safe a dry monsoon season, even the homes that are not downhill of the burn area.
Marty Mortensen. 928-774-HELP or 928-774-4357

1 comment: